≡ Menu

What Do You Stand For?

Read This Later - Click Here

I’ve been meaning to write this post for a long time, but for a variety of reasons I’ve not found the time to sit down and write it.

Earlier this year I bought a book called “Convert – The Simple Little Formula That Sold $50 Million Worth Of Products And Services Online” by Frank Kern.

With the internet being such a crowded place the most important thing you need to do before selling anything is positioning.

It’s pointless spending your time and money creating the perfect product if when you start trying to sell everyone just ignores you, and the leaders in your niche have no reason to promote you.

Now the way to get noticed is to spend time in the social sphere, and showing that you actually have some passion / knowledge and can add value to the conversations that are occurring on  blogs / facebook / forums. By building up your audience and investing time and money in the marketplace you will start to become noticed in your niche, and when you drive traffic to offers you will get some traction.

So for the niche of Traffic Exchanges / Viral Mailers I feel that I have done enough of the ground work and I’m now ready to do the first part of my positioning campaign.

The scenario suggested by Frank is an offline conference where the top 500 leaders from your marketplace are present. Due to the work you’ve already done in the social sphere the organising committee have given you a slot on stage, so how would you like to be introduced to the awaiting audience?

Here’s what I hope to stand for:

Andrew Stark is known for teaching struggling / beginner marketers how to create and build profitable marketing campaigns using Traffic Exchanges or Viral Mailers. He is famous for  his brutal honesty and ability to help show people what it takes to actually run a profitable business from the comfort of their own home.

Now that I have this done it’s time to go put the knowledge I have into a report that I can sell 🙂

Read This Later - Click Here

About the author: Andrew is a scientist who happens to know a lot about the technical aspects of blogging and listbuilding. If you have an issue with wordpress or your autoresponder and setting up squeezepages please get in touch via email / twitter or hire him on fiverr.

12 comments… add one
  • Nick Grimshawe November 8, 2014, 6:16 pm

Great post Andrew,
    I agree that you have done the work. Your definition of you…works nicely, though to be truthful I’m not crazy about the term “newbie”. As for the brutal honesty, I don’t think you’ve ever caused bleeding.

Narrowing your focus is never easy, and I love what you’ve done. And the book sounds good too.

Nick

• Andrew Stark November 9, 2014, 6:17 pm

Hi Nick,

Now you’ve said that I also don’t really like the newbie term. I’ve also had e-mail feedback, so I’ve decided to make a change.

Looks like “stick and stones may break my bones” is true.

Andrew

• Sergio Felix November 8, 2014, 7:27 pm

Hey Andrew, just wanted to quickly chime in and tell you that this sounds like a GREAT plan!

Now you have a goal and have decided on a path to take, all you need to do is WALK IT now.

All the best man,

Sergio Felix.

• Andrew Stark November 9, 2014, 6:19 pm

Hi Sergio,

I’m making plans to go on a real journey over the next few months, and will spend my time online wisely.

Andrew

• Ian Clarke November 10, 2014, 8:10 am

Great post Andrew. You can waste so much time delivering your message to the wrong audience. I’m trying to position myself within niche groups on social media sites.

• Andrew Stark November 13, 2014, 6:40 pm

Hi Ian,

Great point, you want to deal with a small number of people who want to know more about you and your products rather than chase lots of people who have no real interest in what you do.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

• Adrienne November 12, 2014, 1:49 am

Hey Andrew,

Frank is right, you need to position yourself in front of your audience so they’ll pay attention to you when you do get ready to promote something.

I feel like I’ve been doing this for way too long, dragging my feet along the way but at least I know that I have the audience to release my product so I have done everything right in that respect. So now let’s see how my plan works, I’m sure yours will be awesome. Sounds like you are definitely ready for that next step.

Rock on my friend, you’ll do great.

~Adrienne

• Andrew Stark November 13, 2014, 6:46 pm

Hi Adrienne,

You’ve done things the correct way, and I think you will be amazed at the results that you get next week. When it comes to blogging and building up a personal brand I think you of you as an expert, and you can get long term success from sharing your knowledge.

Behind every overnight success is year’s of hard work in the field that went unnoticed by the herd.

Andrew

• Ryan Biddulph November 28, 2014, 10:27 pm

Hi Andrew,

First off….is there a post where Adrienne doesn’t comment?? LOL!

Secondly, Frank and Adrienne and you, you’re all dead on, peas in the pod. Positioning yourself happens if you get clear on your intent. You’re gaining clarity I see, which is wonderful.

Me too….and it’s only taking me 5 years to do it 🙂 What a smart guy right? Ha!

I figure, if you get clear on freeing yourself and your audience, you’re bound to back your way into success, or fall into a pile of….success 🙂 You’re doing awesome Andrew, and with Frank the zany marketing icon in your corner, you’ll be writing wildly popular posts and newsletters about your days selling underground dog fences (check his archives for that one, it was lol funny).

Andrew, thanks for sharing your story with us. I found ya via a comment on Basic Blog Tips. Smart networking!

Ryan

• Steven Lucas Internet Marketing Blog April 4, 2015, 9:45 pm

Hi Andrew,
    Do you feel you’re underselling yourself by offering your work on Fiverr? I will admit that I haven’t chased through yet to see what you do for the money (because I’m busy writing what I hope will be a value comment), but you might be seen to be a ‘budget guru’ unless you follow through later with more premium products.
    Obviously by tapping the beginner or ‘can’t do’ market, you are setting yourself up to be the known expert that they turn to later (because they knew you first), but you also may run the risk of being ‘too cheap, can’t be any good’ thoughts in people who want to see what you do, even if they don’t want your ‘early stage’ assistance.
    (All this from a bloke offering Fiverr services too. [grin]).
    Do you ramp up your services for people who want more done for them, do you get them to a stage where they can cope for themselves or do you sign them up as soon as possible to your premium service where you offer more in-depth training?

Got to say I love the site design, especially the font. Very different.
    Regards,

Steven Lucas
    Steven Lucas Internet Marketing Blog recently posted..Have You Tried a JV Giveaway for Email List Building?

• Andrew Stark April 5, 2015, 8:55 pm

Hi Steven,

I just work on fiverr as I like to help people. The service gigs tend to work out way less than minimum wage, but knowing you’ve helped someone progress is worth the time, and you never know what impact it could have on someone who goes onto great things.

Glad you like the design, it took a long time to get thesis into shape, and I’m dreading when it does eventually need to be upgraded.

Andrew.

• Laurie D Shepherd April 5, 2015, 9:13 am

The timing of me receiving this was perfect. I have been up all night working on defining my business and my audience. Still have a ways to go but this helped me see that I am on the right path.