≡ Menu

The Power Of Ten

Read This Later - Click Here

So I’ve had this idea saved in my head since the end of last year, and finally got round to sharing it with you.

httpv://youtu.be/zHy7i6VVCvw

If you have a blog get a notepad and write down that list of 10 sites where you want to be connected with the site owner by the end of 2013. Make sure you have joined the mailing list and start sharing content.

For those who have a product update your JV page and draw up a list of people to approach.

I’m very guilty of not doing this well last year, here’s the rather sad and lonely page I have for BuildAQualityList that needs updating. Become One Of My Ten

Be dedicated and spend 10 minutes each and every day doing something that will bring traffic to your website.

May the power of 10 be with you

Andrew

Read This Later - Click Here

About the author: Andrew is a scientist who happens to know a lot about the technical aspects of blogging and listbuilding. If you have an issue with wordpress or your autoresponder and setting up squeezepages please get in touch via email / twitter or hire him on fiverr.

10 comments… add one
  • Gabe Johansson January 15, 2013, 11:01 pm

Hey Andrew,

I’ve been making it a point to spend a certain block of time posting in WarriorForum and on other blogs (probably more than 10 minutes) and the consistency of it is key.

I notice every time I post, I gain new subscribers shortly after! Definitely a great reward for putting the work in. Even if it’s only 2 or 3 new people to connect with and potentially do business with each time, it can add up quickly.

Thanks for the great post,
    -Gabe Johansson

P.S. I like that email swipe you have for your affiliates! 😉
    Gabe Johansson recently posted..Increase List Building Conversions With Better Traffic

• Ian Clarke January 16, 2013, 10:03 am

Hi Andrew

Your ‘Power of Ten’ is an excellent idea…especially as it focuses your attention on striving to reach an achieveable goal each day, from which you will see results.
    Google Reader is a great way of keeping tabs on the best blog posts. It enables you to subscribe to selected blogs and when any new posts come in they are listed in chronological order under each bloggers name.

• Pauline January 16, 2013, 12:21 pm

Hi Andrew
    I love this concept of “The Power Of Ten” and enjoyed your video.
    Blog commenting is a great way to gain more traffic and if you start with 10 minutes a day you can build up your readers.
    I started visiting 5 blogs a day (I know it takes more than 10 minutes but I do other things throughout my day that I can do in 10 minutes!) and have increased that to about 10 and I am seeing great results with this. Building relationships with other bloggers is important also so if you spend 10 minutes with one of those bloggers then that is time well spent.
    Thanks for sharing
    Pauline
    Pauline recently posted..How To Get More Comments On Your Blog

• Tim Bonner January 16, 2013, 8:54 pm

Hi Andrew

I try and comment on at least 5 blogs a day and up to 10 if I can. It’s certainly brought many new and interesting people to my blog!

I’m trying to include at least 1 new blog to comment on a day. It can be a bit hit and miss but it’s a great way to get to know other like-minded bloggers.
    Tim Bonner recently posted..W3 Total Cache Has Been A Total Frustration

• Keith January 17, 2013, 5:55 am

Hi Andrew

A great and simple concept which over time is bound to get results. The vast majority of people these days expect instant success and when it doesn’t come they give up – leaving those of who stick at it to reap the rewards!

• Carolyn January 25, 2013, 6:16 pm

Hi Andrew, Great idea! You’re right, connecting to other bloggers can make a huge difference, getting support, advice and sharing. Visiting other blogs, clicking on CommentLuv links and joining Triberr can all lead to new connections.

Good luck on connecting with your top 10 list, Andrew!
    Carolyn recently posted..Cool Currency Apps for the Blind and Visually Impaired

• Steven Stuart January 26, 2013, 7:47 pm

Hi Andrew,

I have also made a commitment to read and comment on several blogs a day since the start of the new year.

It’s definitely been paying of in traffic and comments on my own blog.

I can see the value of the power of 10. I think I’ll start on my list right now.
    Steven Stuart recently posted..(At Least) Six Ways to Increase Comments on Your Blog!

• Micah Medina January 29, 2013, 8:19 am

Aaaaah! I’ve got to wait a whole year to connect with some mook with a blog?

Jokes aside, these are awesome ideas, and I like the little steps – my only beef is that it’s tough to break that down into daily action. Do *something* every day can be a little bit of a wobbly concept, and I think your end goal should be to compare all those somethings and drill down to the ones that are helping your bottom line the most.
    Micah Medina recently posted..The Only Seven Skills That Matter

• Triston Isaac February 23, 2013, 11:31 pm

Hey,

wow! I think this video was pretty powerful.
    By its own, 10 minutes seems pretty insignificant, but compared to the bigger picture, its huge!

Definitely implementing the power of 10 in my daily routine!!

Appreciate the advice!

Cheers,
    Triston Isaac recently posted..What Is A Sales Funnel?

• Andrew Stark February 24, 2013, 10:33 am

thanks for dropping by Triston, hope a daily 10 minute task helps you move your business forward.

Andrew